Friendship Foundation Volunteer Code of Conduct
As a FC volunteer(s), I will:
1. Represent The Friendship Foundation organization with professionalism, dignity and pride, and be responsible for conducting myself with courtesy and appropriate behavior.
2. Follow-through and complete activities and/or tasks that I have committed to.
3. Seek training for my volunteer role by participating in club meetings or other Friendship Foundation training opportunities.
4. Respect and be courteous with all employees, volunteers, Friendship Foundation participants, Friendship Foundation parents, visitors and property.
5. Respect the privacy of persons served by The Friendship Foundation organization and hold in confidence all sensitive, private and personal information. Reports of child abuse or neglect will be handled in accordance with California State law and FC policy.
6. Keep Friendship Foundation staff informed of progress, concerns and/or problems within the program(s) in which I participate.
7. Keep personal opinions and actions separate from those made as a representative of The Friendship Foundation organization.
8. Avoid conduct, both on and off-duty, which would jeopardize The Friendship Foundation's programs’ effectiveness.
And, as a Friendship Foundation Volunteer(s), I will not:
9. Use vulgar or inappropriate language while volunteering on behalf of The Friendship Foundation.
10. Use my cell phone while volunteering unless for an URGENT family matter.
11. Use or be under the influence of illegal drugs while volunteering on behalf of The Friendship Foundation.
12. Consume or be under the influence of alcohol or consume tobacco while volunteering on behalf of The Friendship Foundation.
13. Discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status or disability, and/or sexual orientation while volunteering on behalf of The Friendship Foundation.